Share |

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Stories that Matter


As we celebrate the launch of Rock City, and people celebrate this church, I want to share with you just one story that is worth celebrating 1,000 more times over.

As I began reading through the hundreds of Connect Cards on Sunday night, one in particular caught my attention, and quite honestly, brought me to tears. I was overwhelmed at what I read. Overwhelmed at the power and love of God at work.

On the top of the card, under Prayer Requests, it read: "I wrote this before your service: I pray that I find God. I live in fear and worry and I want faith to guide me in the right direction. I haven't been to a church in over 15 years."

On the bottom of the card, under Questions/Comments, it read: "It was a blessing I came today. Awesome! I love it. A great experience. I can't wait to come back. Thank You."

To top it off, she made a first-time commitment to follow Jesus!

As I read that, I couldn't help but cry. That is the power of our God. And it was as if God so purposefully gave us that specific day's message just for this one. Jeremiah 29:11, Matthew 6:25-31, Proverbs 3:5-6, John 14:6 - all direct answers to this woman's prayers!

Here's the email I received on Monday evening:

"I heard about Rock City Church through a post card I received in the mail last Friday. I read it, put it back down on the counter, read it a few more times and told myself, 'This is it...I'm going to church.' Sunday morning came and I was lying in bed, looked at the clock and said, 'If you're going to go to church, then get up!' I don't know what it was but something was calling me to that post card.

I'm a fairly shy person and by me coming to church by myself was a big accomplishment. I wanted to thank you for making it such a great experience for me. I loved it. I was telling one of my friends about it and she wants to come with me on Sunday."


Thank you, you know who you are, for allowing me to share your story. This is why we do what we do. This is why we are here. This is what happens when people get on their mark with God - follow Jesus - and love people!

And this is just the beginning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment